Penplusbytes - Empowering the Media through ICTs
International Institute for Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) Journalism (Penplusbytes) is a registered Ghanaian company limited by guarantee since 18th July 2001.
Penplusbytes seeks to empower the media through the use of ICTs to advance the work of journalism. It consists of a network of media organizations and journalists interested in using ICTs effectively to advance the course of journalism.
Penplusbytes aims to:
1. Help journalists to understand and explore the use of ICTs in the Newsroom
2. Capacity building for the media to generate ICTs stories.
3. Conducting research into ICT use by the media
4. Publishing articles and publications on the Information society and issues affecting the media
5. Advocating for media rights in the Information society