KAS Media Africa Scholarship
KAS Media Africa is offering two scholarships for
promising, young (under 30) sub-Saharan African
journalists to do a full-time Honours or Masters degree (MA or BA Hons in Journalism and Media Studies) at the University of Witwatersrand's Journalism Programme in Johannesburg.
The scholarship includes:
- One return flight to Johannesburg
- A monthly stipend of 7 000 ZAR
- Coverage of study fees and health insurance costs
- A one-time payment of 2 500 ZAR for study material
- Candidates need to be under 30 and fluent in English.
- For Honours, candidates must have at least three years' working experience and either an undergraduate degree or pass an entrance test.
- For Masters, candidates must have a degree equivalent to the BA Hons in Journalism and at least three years' working experience.
- Candidates have to work closely with KAS Media Africa during their stay in Johannesburg and write a bi-monthly narrative report on their study progress.
Applicants need to submit:
- A motivation letter
- A CV
- Writing samples
- At least 2 letters of nomination/reference by a senior journalist, publisher or academic
- A completed Wits application form (available from http://www.wits.ac.za)
Applications via e-mail are accepted until October 31, 2013, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will have to make themselves available for a (skype) interview.
The decision on who gets the scholarship will be made by 15 Nov. The academic year starts on 10 Feb 2014, and ends with the submission of research reports at end- November.
International Institute for ICT Journalism