With technical innovation and market instability changing the game for modern journalists, the Ohio State University is offering the Kiplinger Program that educates new digital tools and approaches, to keep journalists relevant in a changing media world.
The Program offers fellowships, workshops, hands-on learning labs, presentations at regional and national journalism conferences, and other training to enhance reporting and storytelling. 25 journalists will be selected for the weeklong fellowship program, which will be held April 23-28, 2017, in Columbus, Ohio.
Ohio State University is one of the largest universities in the USA. It is also home to a diverse group of the best and brightest people in the world.
- Journalists need at least five years of professional experience to apply
- International journalists are welcome to apply. All training will be conducted in English
- If you are a print, broadcast or online journalist with five or more years of experience (here or abroad), you are eligible to become a Kip
- If you participated in the Kiplinger Fellowship program prior to 2011 (when it changed its focus to social media and digital tools), you may apply
The applying process is completely on-line. Applications for the 2017 Kiplinger Fellowship will open Sept. 6, 2016.
- A short bio (maximum of 150 words)
- A short explanation of how the Kiplinger Fellowship would benefit you and your newsroom (maximum of 200 words)
- The Web links to three recent stories that showcase your talent
- Two references who know your work well (name, title, organization, email, phone)
- An estimated 25 journalists will be selected for the weeklong fellowship program, which will be held April 23-28, 2017, in Columbus, Ohio
- The Kiplinger Fellowship will cover hotel accommodations for the week, provide many meals and a tuition-free week of immersive digital training
- Fellows (or their news organizations) will be responsible for arranging and paying for transportation to and from Columbus
- For journalists working outside the United States, limited travel stipends will be available, based on financial need
Follow Link for More Information: http://www.kiplingerprogram.org/kiplinger-fellowship/