Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Please *Open Data*

Open Data



I have a message
I have a message to the world
A message from a she.....a girl
She was so isolated, caged in a cage when I saw her
And wondered why a purposeful lady is ruining the self of her
But she heard my thought and said; It is never my fault but my money oriented society
So she asked; will you deliver my message to the world?
Will I deliver her message to the world?....Yes I will

She continued; my name is Data
And my family?.....the entire human race
So why the price tag on me?
Why does humanity need to pay to have access to me?
And when they can't afford I'm left to rot !
Then the same society will be yelling *Data rot* *Data rot*

Or have my characteristics been forgotten,
That I should be available and accessible to all? 
That I should be reused and distributed?
I'm tired of hearing data rot....Set me free....Open me
Don't even restrict me to one field; I'm a universal asset

Open me up in governance
To ensure transparency, accountability and public participation
Open me up in the scientific world
To facilitate research and development
Open me up in the scholarly field
To feed the brains of students
Open me up!
In the public sector, private sector, everywhere
To improve lives and satisfy the needs of my society

I plead to be available.....
In a machine readable form,textual form, non-textual form, anyhow possible
Maximize my accessibility
To minimize the risk of me being rot, if I should ever be again
Pleeeeease release me
For I should be freely available to everyone to the requirements of attributes and share alike
Open me up, please set me free, release me
I must be everywhere, and I need to be everywhere

Now! This is the message from me to you to the world
Go! go deliver my message to the world
She asked, will you deliver my message to the world?
Will I deliver her message to the world?.....I have

Imagine how the world will be if Data is opened to all for all for free
Open her !
She's long been knoch
king from behind the door to be outdoor-ed
Please open Data





                                            

No comments: