Here's how to start :
- Get yourself an email address, which you'll need to create a Twitter account. You can register a free one with Gmail .
- Create a Twitter account at Twitter.com .
- Fill in the profile of your news org's account, upload a photo and change the background. Make sure on the profile information you've provided a link back to the appropriate URL for your content.
- Get yourself an OpenID. You can use your Yahoo! username or get an OpenID from ClaimID or MyOpenID .
- Find an RSS feed from your news org that you want to syndicate.
- Login to Twitterfeed with your OpenID.
- Create a new Twitterfeed and fill in your Twitter account details and RSS feed.
- Start enjoying a Twitter account on auto-pilot!
Thanks for checking out this quick guide on creating an auto Twitter account. If you're bit by the Twitter bug and want to learn more, check out my ultimate guide to Twitter tools and resources for journalists !