CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Citizen Journalism in Africa Programme invites you to apply for a scholarship to attend this year's conference 'Reporting Africa: 2010, Development & Democracy'. Highway Africa conference is the largest gathering in Africa of journalists and information workers where journalism and new media take the centre stage.
If you are interested in attending this prestigious event, send us a 500 word motivation about why and how you think your participation will benefit the Citizen Journalism Programme (CJA). We will also consider how active you have been in the CJA community when making the final selection.
1. The applicant must be a member of a CJA participating organization from Uganda,
Tanzania, Zambia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe and South Africa
2. The applicant must submit a 500 words motivation about why and how your participation
will benefit the CJA programme and your organisation. Please note: Think about what
you want to say and write a structured and informative piece.
3. The applicant must have shown interest in the CJA programme by:
• Interaction with the programme through other forms of communication
• Having submitted at least 2 articles to the porta
also write an article with pictures and sound on the conference, and may be asked to
5. You will have to arrive on a specified date, stay for the duration of the programme
and leave on a date specified by CJA. Should you not comply with this, you will have
to re-imburse CJA for any costs incurred and CJA will not pay for any excess fees.
6. A full organisational profile must be attached to the application.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications will be reviewed with strict adherence to the criteria and any other factors deemed important by CJA. Successful applicants will be announced on 14 August 2009
Deadline: 12 August 2009 at 4pm, late applications will not be entertained.
Remember, places are limited and applications that do not conform to the criteria will not be considered.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications