The MJ Bear Fellowships identify and celebrate early-career digital journalists, working independently or for a company or organization, who have demonstrated — through professional experimentation, research or other projects — that they deserve support for their efforts and/or vision.
The fellows are up-and-coming journalists inside or outside the newsroom who are just beginning to make their voices heard in the industry and working to expand the boundaries of digital news.
Meet our three 2014 Fellows and catch up on their work.
Each Fellowship provides:
- Three online workshop sessions with a Personal Advisory Board.
- Registration, travel and accommodations for the Online News Association Conference & Awards Banquet
- Recognition at the ONA conference
- ONA membership, with three years’ dues paid in full
Applicants must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
- Have been born between Sept. 26, 1985 and Sept. 25, 1992
- Be a working digital journalist (either for an organization or self-employed)
- Be fluent in English
- Be involved in a digital journalism project
- Full-time students are not eligible
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.