Reaching the ultimate point of productivity is a concern of every writer. Regardless of the efficiency you have at a certain point of your career, you inevitably notice a decline in your motivation and ability to write at one point or another, says Melinda Osteen.
Among all apps and tools available today, these can help you the most:
Apps that facilitate a writer’s work
- Evernote is a tool you’ve probably heard of. If you learn how to use it, it will help you do your work at any time. Consider this app as your idea book, where you jot down ideas and thoughts anywhere. The main difference is in the ease of usage. In addition, the app synchronises the data with your account in the cloud, so you can access it at any time. Waiting in line won’t make you nervous anymore; simply get your phone and note what inspires you.
- As a writer, you must care about grammar and vocabulary. Don’t stop working on your progress. Grammarly is a great tool that will save you from embarrassment. It identifies and corrects up to 10 times more errors than the grammar and spelling feature of your usual word processor.
- Grammarly is efficient, but it’s an automated tool. It cannot replace a real editor. PapersGear, on the other hand, is a platform where you can hire a professional editor for an affordable price. The editors from this writing service do a great job without affecting your unique voice. Thanks to this website, you no longer have to spend a fortune on editing services.
Tools that boost a writer’s focus
- When you have an important project to work on, social media platforms are more alluring than ever. Don’t fall into that trap; use a tool that will block the distracting pages. Anti-Social is an awesome tool that helps Mac users work in a safe online environment, without access to social media like Twitter and Facebook, as well as all other websites they specify.
- Now let’s get to the real writing tool: use OmmWriter if you want to be able to ignore every possible distraction you could think of. As soon as you launch OmmWriter, you will be teleported into a focused environment that will make you a more productive writer.
- Here is another app that will enable you to focus on the task at hand: TeamViz – a timer that works in accordance with the Pomodoro technique. This method is based on the principle that you’ll work better if you make short, frequent breaks in between writing sessions.
Ultimate efficiency boosters for writers
- When you are limited with deadlines, it is extremely important how you manage your time. Try Write or Die 2 – an app that creates a stressful situation for writers. Yes, stress can be a positive thing, especially when it pushes you to write more content in less time. If you don’t meet the goal you set when using this platform, you’ll face some consequences, depending on the mode you choose.
- Of course, you also need to type like a maniac if you want to follow the fast progress of your thoughts. 10FastFingers is a tool that will improve your typing skills with awesome games. You can try different typing tests that will show you how accurately and quickly you type.
- How about another test for your ego? A little criticism will help you improve serious flaws in your work. AutoCrit is an automated manuscript editing tool that will warn you about excessive use of passive voice and adverbs, as well as repetitive diction.
Now that you are aware of the most efficient apps and tools you need, start experimenting with them and you’ll boost your productivity in no time.
Culled from themediaonline.