Penplusbytes, a leader in new media and innovations; mining, oil and gas and in the use of new digital technologies to promote good governance and democracy, is seeking a Political Governance Analysts to support roll out of projects under its technology and governance program.
Position Title: Political/Governance Analyst
Position Number: PPB20151
Announcement Date: 8th February 2016
Deadline for applications: 22nd February 2016
Position Start Date: 1st April 2016
Job Location: Greater Accra, Ghana with occasional travels
Under close supervision by the Programs Director, the political/governance analyst will lead with various research works leading to insights, policy recommendations and evidence to drive effective advocacy.
- Identify good governance, transparency and accountability key issues for research and analysis in line with program objectives.
- Review, synthesize and analyze academic, scientific, private and public sector research and reports relevant for Penplusbytes line of programs
- Monitor existing and developing change leaders at local and national level to improve analytical capacity related to mapping emerging leadership.
- Conduct primary research in line of Penplusbytes programs
- Gather and organize data / qualitative insights to fed Penplusbytes information and knowledge management system
- Produce intelligence products to meet planned or tasked information and knowledge management requirements
- Interpret and forecast key trends related to good governance, transparency and accountability issues and their relationship to technology.
- Identify policy strategies in support of Penplusbytes' program goals
- Work with Communications department to increase awareness of Penplusbytes policy work and goals including providing media commentary.
- Support organising policy events
- Assist with online and social media platform management of the platform
Qualifications for this position include:
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in Political Science, Governance or International Relations or related qualification
- At least 2-3 year of overall professional experience
- Ability to generate thorough and completed research products that may require only minor revisions and/or editing.
- Highly professional and reliable, able to work independently and without close supervision while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Technology savvy with experience and knowledge of citizens’ engagement
- A successful track record in setting priorities; organization and problem solving skills which support timely research output generation.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Goal-oriented, continuously seeks new ways to achieve a desired outcome.
- Exceptional team player and ability to multi task
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of ensuring greater citizens participation in governance process
To apply for this position, send your resume and a cover letter that clearly discusses your experience and its applicability to the position to email@example.com . Your email must include the position title and position number in the email subject line. The application deadline for this position is February 22nd 2016.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank all applicants.