ACCRA - Penplusbytes, the leading organization in offering learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring of journalists and media organizations in ICT journalism in Africa, today, announced an industry-leading course in Social Media and Digital Communication Strategy (http://ow.ly/YAM5h) training taking place at the New Media Hub (www.penplusbytes.org/location) on 24th & 25th February, 2016.
The new course is developed to fit any business marketing model, but is designed especially for journalists and media personnel, startups, SMEs, public relations practitioners, marketing executives and individuals looking to gain mastery of digital media for effective communication.
The role and significance of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube as effective communication tools in global online business cannot be overemphasized. In more advanced markets, 80% of SMEs reported using social media to increase revenue growth. More than 80% also used social media to effectively generate new leads. When used properly, social media networks can provide huge boosts to companies’ sales and brand recognition.
Among many other things, participants in this course will learn:
- Introduction to Social Media -Understanding the uses and audience of each social media platform and Strategy
- Facebook; Introduction to Facebook, Promoting you and your business, How to engage (advocacy), maintaining your page, growing your page.
- Twitter: Introduction, using twitter, maintaining your account, growing your following.
- Using LinkedIn for your business
- Understanding Google Analytics
- Tips on Writing for the web
- When to use social Media for your corporate Communications or Marketing Campaigns
- Why, when, how and which social medium platform to use for your business strategy?
- YouTube and its impact.
"We are excited about organizing this training for businesses and individuals in the country. As the fastest growing and most effective tool in communication in the world today, social media is of critical importance," said Kwame Ahiabenu, II, Executive Director of Penplusbytes. "Failure to develop a strong brand identity on social media sites can spell disaster for any entity. Penplusbytes has always championed digital education and this course will make it easy for professionals across industries to learn how to connect with their audience and amplify their messages on social in an effective way," he added.
To know more about the Social Media and Digital Communication Strategy Training, visit: http://www.penplusbytes.org/training/smdc/
Penplusbytes is a not-for-profit organization driving change through innovations in three key areas: using new digital technologies to enable good governance and accountability, new media and innovations, and driving oversight for effective utilisation of mining, oil and gas revenue and resources.